Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm logo-ing tonight. Well, I guess "logo-ing" is more of designing logos. I'm actually just researching them. And I'm finding brilliance! Go to logopond and look at them. Some of them are just genius. I've spent the last hour just browsing through pages and pages of them. The logo I should be working on right now is for one of our final school projects. We're doing a huge identity design for a theoretical hybrid car company. Car logos are difficult. I find them very, very, very vague. And there are many other logos out there just like them. I'm not saying there's something wrong with them, but I'm not very good at them. Simplicity is one of the main topics on my list of "Bee must practice" things. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to drawing in high detail or just because I'm not good at "seeing". Sometimes it takes me a minute or two to figure out a clever logo with more then one angle, but I think that's often the point of those logos.

Oh by the way, isn't that logo just fantastic? Practice, practice, practice.

No comments: