Tuesday, December 9, 2008

To kick things off

So I'm going to try to keep this blog updated with bits of my work and thoughts. I've had blogs before but for the love of pancakes, I just can't keep them going. So this will be a huge attempt.

It's so pretty out. There's snow everywhere. I love it. I have Tuesdays off so while the mister's at school I can chill at his house and use his exercise equipment or something productive like that. Yup. Sure.

I'm taking a graphic design course here in the city and we finished our first semester web design class yesterday. Each student designed and built their own portfolio-based website and I gotta tell yas, we kick derrière. The whole process of building the site for me, however, felt more like a good kick to my derrière. We used the program Adobe Dreamweaver, which if you've used it yourself, know the program works a lot like a woman. If you know how to treat us, we run pretty smooth, but if you just start pressing buttons and ignoring the warning and error messages, things get ugly.

ANYWAY. All in all, I finally finished mine early Monday morning once we got to the school and I was psyched. And after looking at the rest of the students', I wanted to improve mine. So I will definitely work at that over our Christmas break when I get the time.

So if you'd like to see the website, you can go here and check it out. It's very simple but it will do for now. After 5 hours of Dreamweaver one night, I felt like using my computer for target practice with an AK-47.
Enjoy!
I've used the image I chose before in a facebook note, and I just had to use her again, because I love her. She's wonderful and she is the perfect example of my long hours of the night with Dreamweaver for the past few weeks. Heeee. :)

1 comment:

Darlene D said...

Woohoo, way to go girlie!